Arriving by Public Transit
Atlanta’s MARTA public transit system is an excellent, easy, safe, and cost-effective way to reach the convention. Furry Weekend Atlanta’s new location in downtown Atlanta is only half a block from the Peachtree Center MARTA Station.
Fares for any ride on MARTA are $2.50 per ride. If you don’t already have a Breeze Card, there is a one time $1 fee for a card on your first purchase. Breeze Cards can be purchased at any MARTA station using cash or major credit cards.
To get from the Peachtree Center MARTA stationto the hotel, follow these very simple directions:
- From the Peachtree Center station, follow the signs to the Harris Street exit after getting off the train.
- After walking through the fare gates, follow the signs again to Peachtree Street East.
- At street level, turn right to walk north along Peachtree Street.
- Turn right at the first intersection on to Harris Street, then left at the next block on Peachtree Center Avenue.
- The hotel is a short walk down on the right.
- Approximate walking time from the fare gate is only three minutes.
Alternate MARTA directions
If you don’t want to walk outside, you can also exit the station into the Peachtree Center mall. Walk through the food court and follow the signs to the Marriott Marquis. You can cross the sky bridge straight from the mall into the Marriott!
Parking at MARTA Stations
Keep in mind that there is free daily and cheap long-term parking available at many MARTA stations! A full list of stations that have parking is available here. These prices range from $5 to $8 per day so, if you are traveling light, looking to save some money and not opposed to being a few miles away from your car, you may consider parking it and taking the train in.